Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Scag 61" Tiger Cat® with 27 hp Kohler Engine
The Scag Tiger Cat™: Small Cat, Big Productivity.
With roaring power and agile maneuverability, the compact Scag Tiger Cat® is a force all its own. Where productivity is essential, the Tiger Cat delivers with ease, capable of handling more than 24 acres per day.
Powerful engines and a tough dual pump and wheel motor drive system ensure dependable performance, year after year. Equipped with a Velocity Plus™ cutter deck, this mower will tame the tallest grass and leave it looking smooth and professionally manicured.
A full-body welded steel frame will not yield to tough terrain, while the low center-of-gravity keeps the Tiger Cat stable. The replaceable front caster extension protects the main frame against impact damage and features tapered roller bearings in the caster yoke pivots for long, dependable life.
Comfort is maximized with either an adjustable suspension seat or a soft-ride seat. Adjustable steering levers, arm rests and a big foot platform reduce operator fatigue.
For big value in a compact package, test out a Tiger Cat today. But be warned. . . this cat has a big bite.
- 61" Velocity Plus Cutter Deck
- 10cc heavy-duty hydraulic drive pumps
- Up to 10 MPH ground speed for more productivity
- Aluminized exhaust system
- Suspension Seat or Soft-Ride seat
- Foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- Dual fuel tanks, 7 gallon total capacity
- 250 ft. lb. PTO clutch brake
- Tubular, one-piece welded steel main frame
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 10cc pumps and large capacity wheel motors for reliable, zero turn maneuverability.
- Up to 10 MPH forward and 4.5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Ogura GT3.5 PTO clutch brake has 250 ft. lbs. of torque for easy blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life.
- Compact mower size enables you to take the Tiger Cat into tight places. The Tiger Cat occupies less space on your trailer without sacrificing performance.
- Fully- welded unitized steel main frame design is stronger than "bolt-together" frame designs. Front caster extension is replaceable in the event of an impact.
- Suspension seat or Soft-Ride seat gives the operator a comfortable ride, all day long. Seats are adjustable and feature armrests for additional comfort.
- Dual fuel tanks (7 gallons total) keep you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tanks feature extra large, angled filler necks for easy filling. Molded-in cup holder allows for added operator convenience and comfort.
- Aluminized engine exhaust reduces back pressure, increases performance, and lasts longer than conventional steel construction.
- 10cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth and reliable power. Built in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to hydraulic component life.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- The foot plate area is extra-large for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Spring-loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load-carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast-iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. These bearings can handle a 50% larger load than standard ball bearings. They are well suited to handle the daily pounding the front caster wheels receive.
- Standard-style steering controls are ergonomically-shaped and padded for easy control and maximum operator comfort.
- Steering dampers are designed and located for smooth operation and minimal fatigue.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable, top-notch performance day in and day out.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Large drive tires ensure solid traction and easy curb climbing. Large pneumatic front caster tires for a smoother ride.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement while trailering or when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls (hour meter located toward the rear of the mower).
- User-friendly design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Engine oil drain makes maintenance clean and easy.
- Replaceable trim side wear pad on the cutter deck helps protect landscape and the edge of the cutter deck from wear and tear.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring, sealed fuses and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependable service.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many productive accessories for the Tiger Cat like the Tiger Striping kit, the 16 bushel spindle driven grass catcher, the 12 bushel dump-from-the-seat catcher system, and many more!
- Engine: 27hp Kohler Command Pro, air-cooled, twin cylinder, vertical shaft
- Fuel Capacity/Design: 7 gallons, dual fuel tanks with molded-in cupholder
- Travel Control: Dual finger-tip steering controls with gas dampers for smooth, precise maneuverability.
- Ground Speed: Up to 10mph forward, 4.5mph reverse
- Main Frame Construction: Steel tube frame, full-length, fully-welded
- Drive Tires: 24 x 12 - 12, 4 ply
- Caster Tires: 13 x 6.5 - 6, 4 ply, pneumatic
- Caster Wheel Bearings: Tapered roller bearings
- Front Caster Arm Design: Bolt-on for easy replacement if necessary
- Hydraulic Pumps: Dual Pumps; 10cc displacement, Hydro-Gear
- Hydraulic Oil Cooler: Not required - Large capacity cooling reservoir
- Hydraulic Oil Filter: 10 micron
- Hydraulic Wheel Motors: Dual Parker 14.5ci heavy-duty motors with extra large shafts
- Electrical System: 12 Volt battery, 350 cca. Solenoid shift starter.
- Belts: Kevlar cord. Self-adjusting, spring-loaded, self-tightening
- Drive/Load Pulleys: Split-steel design -- stronger and lighter weight than cast-iron
- Instrument Panel : Key switch, throttle, manual choke, BBC switch
- Seat: Suspension seat, adjustable with padded arm rests on most models. Some models feature a “Soft-Ride” seat.
- PTO - Electric Clutch: Ogura GT3.5 - 250 ft lb / adjustable air-gap
- Cutter Deck: 61” Velocity Plus Deck. Floating, adjustable, anti-scalping design.
- Cutter Deck Construction: Tri-Plate, welded: 61” with 10 gauge top, 7 gauge skirt, 7 gauge & 11 gauge reinforcement plates
- Cutter Deck Drive: Belt driven -- Straight belt for long life, not a twisted “mule” drive
- Number of Anti-Scalp Wheels: 7 wheels in 5 positions
- Cutter Deck Spindles: Scag Heavy-Duty Spindles w/cast-iron housing & tapered roller bearings, backed by 3-year limited warranty
- Cutter Deck Height Adjustment: Foot pedal lift with self-locking mechanism at transport position
- Cutting Range: 1” to 5” in 1/4” increments
- Number of Cutter Blades: 3 Marbain blades
- Total Length: 83"
- Total Width (with discharge chute in mowing position): 73.5"
- Total Width (with discharge chute in transport position): 62"
- Height (with ROPS): 66”
- Height (with ROPS folded): 54”
- Weight (with ROPS): 1150 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 Yr. Commercial Mower Warranty—Parts & labor. 3 Yr. / 500 Hour Non-Commercial Mower Warranty—Parts & labor. 3 Yr. Deck Warranty—First & second years parts & labor; third year parts. 3 Yr. Spindle Warranty—First & second years parts & labor; third year parts. 2 Yr. Engine Warranty—Minimum two-year warranty covered directly through the individual engine manufacturer.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 27 hp
- Engine Type
- Command Pro, air-cooled, twin cylinder, vertical shaft
- Dual 10cc Hydro-Gear pumps
- Wheel Size
- Drive Tires: 24 x 12 - 12, 4 ply; Caster Tires: 13 x 6.5 - 6, 4 ply
- Fuel Capacity
- 7 gal.
- Deck Size
- 61 in.
- Discharge Type
- Side; Optional: Bag, Mulch